Catedral Metropolitana, Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Also known as the Basílica Menor de San Lorenzo, it was designed by French architect Felipe Bertres in 1845, modified in a neoclassical style by the Welch León Musnier, and finished in 1915 by the Italian Víctor Querezolo. The Cathedral was built of brick and lime mortar. Parts of the center altar are covered in beautiful silverwork made in the Jesuit mission San Pedro de Moxos. The center altar also has four high relief sculptures brought from the same mission.